Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Who we are, whom we've become

I was raised to believe in being a good person... Some people say that there are so many things that affect whom we are as people. Things that cultivate us to become whom we are. The way we act the way; the way we react to situations. I would like to take the moment to say that I have not been subject to anything overly traumatic in my life aside from normal life situations. Deaths of friends and family, rejection and betrayal, stress and loneliness. Through it all I think I kept my head and I want to truly thank my Parents for bringing me up to see the cup half full... To see the good in situations no matter how glum. To morn when you need to and not to feel ashamed for it. They were reason enough to credit for whom I've become. I won't say those life lessons learned at a personal cost to me did not play a part. But I just wanted to thank the people that I think truly helped me develop. My family is insanely important to me. I know most of you go through periods where you may find parents to be a burden... too overbearing, or whatever your grief with them. But if they are good parents whom care and are not abusive then thank what ever god you serve for your undeniable luck at having someone whom loves you unconditionally and will stand by you and tell you the truth even when you are making an ass of yourself. I look for similar qualities in my friends and equally so in my Girlfriend. She truly knew some serious bad times. Things I could never fathom nor even empathize with. But still she remains a stable and wonderfully caring individual. While things may not have always been perfect in her family from what I know of her and her mother I see alot of her mothers caring and strength in her. She's got another mother in a very real if not biological sense and after meeting her as well I see where she gathers more of herself. I would love to thank both family's for the roles they played in making her so mysteriously caring and nonjudgmental. Something I know I struggle with. I tend to judge all too often on first appearance or even stereo type based on looks. I often end up kicking myself for such aversions to common sense. Not Cherry, while she may still trust her gut if she's seriously creeped I find myself always admiring her patience and understanding with some I might find to be questionable in my own mind. She looks past all that to the heart and dare I say sees the good. Some people look up to world leaders, booming business minds, super intellectuals but the truth is I will always follow happiness... just enjoying life and to truly do that you need to let preconceived notions fall away like dust in the wind. I admire Cherry for being so good at seeing us for who we are. I hope to see the soul behind the face, to delight in the reality of the individual like she does... Just another reason to trust and love her. Without this whimsical ability she has I doubt she would have been quick to accept my hand. I will never underestimate the value of her heart's eye.
----------------
Now playing:
Regina Spektor - Buildings
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

doll face said...

really, i'm not a naturally stable individual. i just play one TV. i've had great support from my supporting cast (you).