Wednesday, June 4, 2008

10 Mile Rite of Passage

This weekend started off with possibly one of the biggest pub crawls I have ever been on. Then again I generally avoid pub crawls. But this was for our good friend Jimbo as you can see I drew up both Cherry and I's shirts. Sara Gilmore the other girl here drew her own... props to her. I was defiantly high from marker fumes. lol. The next day he had his Birthday party which was oddly low key but still fun.

I may be getting a second job as a door man from Annie Mae's Pub in Aggieville. Which would be cool you just stand there plus you get tip out and a dollar off drinks. Good deal i say. I'm still looking for a new job this one at Carlos is way to much work for way to little pay. My roommate Ashley was made Assistant Manager in a gas station and makes 12 an hr and shes been working there a week. I make 10 something an hr and i've been working at Carlos for like 7 yrs... yeah definately time for a change.

This last Sunday Cherry and I played a crazy game of scrabble too. I never used to play scrabble but she's got me learning words I never knew before. Great times for sure. I gotta say I have no complaints about our relationship it seems to work so well... sure we annoy each other now and then but we really sync. I even got her to play video games with me on Monday and it was a blast we totally rocked out Dr. Mario. Had to work a double on Tuesday; once again sad about the amount of effort I put in with little to no gain. Went to bed early because Cherry and I had a plan. We were going to rise at the butt crack of dawn and take on Nature. Well it ended up being more around the small of the back of dawn but we pulled ourselves outa bed and started to walk to Pillsberry Crossing. From Cherry's house we found out it's about 10 miles and apparently 4 hrs. First we walked in the crisp morning air to Dillion's to get supplies for our trek. Then over a bridge and out on the paved highway. We came to an intersection and turned on a less up kept paved road but still not bad and tackled one mother of a hill. Down a ways after that slope we hit the dirt road. Now about 10 yrs ago I believe they started adding rough gravel so as to keep dirt roads safer during storms. Well all those big rocks do wonders for your feet. Finally, after the ten mile hike we were there. It was glorious... we sat down and took off our shoes and inspected our road assaulted feet. Then waded through the quick running river bed to a large tree trunk that had been washed ashore during a recent storm. Smoked a cig and relaxed. The pained feet, the overly red sun burn, the aching muscles. It was all worth it just to dip your feet in that cool water and relax and enjoy the beauty of it. Not wanting to walk like grannies back to town we called for a ride and went and ate some ice cream. Where I got a call reminding me I had a commission due in basically an hr... which is the one you see above I had barely started on it and made fast work to finish it. Getting it done just in time... All is well today now I relax and delight in my right of passage the trek across all types of roads for 10 miles. I think I'm going to nap now.

pepsi

No comments: