Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ups and Downs

When a tornado comes crashing DOWN in your block what do you do? When you come close to death and destruction at the hands of an uncontrollable force I guess you tend to take life into a bit of perspective. We had a tornado literally jump our house and miss it by what could have been 10 feet I'm betting by the sound. The warnings sounded and we here in Manhattan don't ussually take those seriously because for a tornado to actually hit us it has to take a certain path sense we live in a valley. Well it took that path. It destroyed the rich neighborhood with the 500,00 thousand dollar houses. Came down from there and took out a lumber yard... not a good thing, then a car dealership... 10 cars were uncountable for the next morning two were found on our college campus half a town away. Then ripped up a storage unit took out some trailer park. Ramped upa valley came out at the bottom of our block just barely missing a house and sent a piece of someones house straight through my roommates car. Oddly enough his car was the only one hit on our block. Funny thing about tornado's they can be very random. Landed just past my GF's parents house before jumping to campus tearing up some building there which included the nuclear facility and the wind erosion center... har har. Then it went off somewhere else for a while and lost it's steam. Crazy huh. The worst of it it was and also the the most relieving was I had my GF with me. It was the worse because it really shook her up and she cried and I hate to see her cry. But being there for her and not having to worry about her being in danger was so relieveing. I held her till it all went away and even then some. It was scary I was terrified the sound it made when it was near us was deafening. Like a scream from a demon mixed with a roar of a train and the whole house shook like crazy. Later we had severe jitters and this other girl that was with us drove me crazy to the point of me screaming at her. Luckily Cherry cooled me off with her tender touch. Still I hated her seeing me like that. You have no idea how annoying that girl can be though seriously almost taped her mouth shut. Oh well luckily those I knew were not hurt and everything came out fine. I truly felt watched over by God. I also found out one of my MCC teacher live on my road sense everyone came out to scoop the damage after the attack. I even got a leather jacket out of it landed near our house lol. I am so glad I had cherry there she thinks I was the strong one but I would have been in tears of worry had she been else where I love her and that would have just torn me apart to even think I might have lost her. We had her closest friends with us too so she knew they were safe.

In UP news. I have started a second job. Not because I NEED it but because I need something new. Something that isn't Carlos to stimulate my mind. It's a New York style Pizzeria. I got to toss dough in the air all cool like. We had the pre opening day today where we passed out free pizza and it was packed and wonderful. Cherry's working there to. She think's I took the job to be with her lol. While its an added perk it's mostly because it's a chance to do something new. I've been working at Carlos for far to long and while the pay is good it's almost like I blank out those parts of my day because they are so routine. Today in an open kitchen I was able to interact with customers and see the happy faces of people enjoying the food I was cooking. I also got to help artistically by creating a block poster using art from Deviant Art which I got permission to use. Although I turned it black and white. http://patxinaki.deviantart.com/art/In-the-city-82343341 Over all it was a great day.

I am looking forward to fathers day. I need to remember to tell my dad how awesome he is.
I was raised by wonderfully accepting and loving parents. My dad influenced my life as far as becoming an artist and for that I am forever grateful even though he says I'm better than he is. He's back into art and loving it he's always so excited to show me pictures he has drawn and I keep telling him to get a DA account to show the world his art. I just want to say I love you dad and I am so happy you are drawing again. I couldn't have asked for a better father. Thanks for always encouraging me to use my imagination even if it came up with fabled stories of you chopping up my fingers with a shovel lol. You and mom are the reason I became who I am and I am proud of who I am and I know you are Proud of me. I don't know what I would do if you weren't there for me. I can't wait to see you again I hope it's this coming fourth of July. If not I'm coming to see you. I love you both but because it's fathers day Dad I specifically want to shout out to you that you are so awesome. Thanks for teaching me about farming, for long trips in the pickup listening to Paul Harvey and Monogram Money. For your mashed potatoes, for long talks about controversial issues even though we differ on opinion, for your weird cuss words that you make up when you are angry, for you love and devotion in making me a good responsible Son. You are my father and I am so proud to be your son I always want you to know how much I respect you.

Pepsi.

1 comment:

doll face said...

i'm so glad that i was with you during that storm. ahahahahah. it was scary right? i love you, darling.