Thursday, March 12, 2009

Shoulda listened


I have nearly been with Cherry for a yr and as that mark approaches I realize now that I have a head as think as steel sometimes. We have had our share of troubles and while she thinks she's to blame on many of them I have been recently learning that it might have something to do with me not listening. Sometimes, even when I am trying to be... well do things for her it could be things she doesn't want at all. Hell sometimes the best thing to do is just let things be and give some space. As I have looked at many relationships it has been said over and over again that it comes down to conversation and how well you can read your partner. No amount of sex, good times and or commonality can make up for a deaf ear. I am not stupid, nor am I unable to change. Especially, now that I have really started listening. Don't get me wrong I still screw this up. Sometimes, it can take a bit of time to understand when I need to really listen and when we are merely being playful. First off is tonality. When she wants me to really lets say; "let a subject drop" or do something she has asked. She'll adopt a different tone in her voice. This is something I would do well to memorize. Her eyes too. It takes a great deal of time to be able to read any one's eyes. But when I should be listening; my loves eyes change or at least it's very subtle. Small things like this and like Her entire countenance stiffening. These should all be bell ringers. Much like a man though I get my own idea and miss some of these blatant hints thrown my way and charge off head strong to do my own thing. This becomes exceedingly confusing when I get into this gotta fix it mode. If I do something wrong and I know it I get really determined to make whatever I did right by any means possible. Never even hearing the "never mind" or "it's ok" I have a tendency to blow things out of proportion. One of my lesser attributes I promise. You are helping me see the folly in such actions when easily not necessary. So I ask you my love to bear with me sometimes while I learn to better listen to you. "We," are important to me and I'll keep my senses on alert to better judge situations in the future so as to not fall victim to another situation I could have avoided had I just listened.

pepsi

No comments: