Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I told you so


There are times when I am just as dumb as every other pigheaded man. Times I think that I definitely know best... Times when my gut feeling could not be wrong. Well I all to well found that my gut and my head were both in the wrong and on the worst day of all for it to happen. Cherry and I had our Three month marker last monday the 23 of June. It was wonderful when she awoke she found her favorite chocolate right next to her head along with three roses. We delighted in each others company and picked up our friend Ariana along the way to help us go Bra shopping as it so happened Cherry had never done that. Then we wen off to the Candy store got some sweets and after that some food. Well we had planned to go out to this spot we like near a lake. Last time we were there I had seen a tiny car drive all the way down to the lake and figured I could do the same in my van. Assuring Cherry when she protested that I knew what I was doing and that we would be fine I went ahead and took off down this treacherous and deeply groved road. Not halfway there and while it was insanely bumpy and scary and I really had wished I had listened to her we come to a downed tree. well I am ready to admit I'm wrong now and decide to turn it around and get out. To which I make an even bigger ass of myself by putting the front end into the muddy side road... my car is front wheel drive. Stuck dead in what I later found out to be tick and I think poison Ivy filled weeds and mud. Having fully embarrassed myself I seek solace in my ever so understanding and very wonderful GF who did not even say I told you so. She saw in my eyes that I understood how right she was. I called Triple A and they called a wrecker service... so I was able to take comfort in the fact that someone was coming to help. So we went on to walk to Cherry's spot. Getting there to find it completely covered in water. Gone. the spot was gone. So they called her mom to come get them and me and her sister Jasmine walked up the hill to great the wrecker service. Whom called on the way up the hill to tell me they were not coming. O.o I was terrified yet kept my cool. I called my friend Dan whom I was so glad to get ahold of and he said he would be on his way to my rescue. Ah Dan... good to have friends you can rely on. Well Cherry's mom picked up the girls and took them on home none to happy about having to make the trek out there to save them from the dumb BF. While I stayed and watched the sun set and started walking towards where i would sooner meet up with Dan whom got lost and luckily I was able to get him proper instructions right before my phone died and my sandal broke... It was good times lol. But Dan has a huge truck and he was very excited to use it. He drove right down that awful road and towed my car out and even yanked the tree out of the road way in the process snapping his tow rope but non the less very much so impressing me with his power truck. Luckily my car was only covered with mud so driving home was not a problem. Met up with Cherry whom I called using Dan's phone seeing as right before my phone died I took it upon myself to memorize her number. And she did the most amazing thing ever she forgave me for repeating the same dumb thing as her Ex and took me in her arms and let me know that our special day was not ruined that it was all right and that she was still overjoyed to be with me. To me this single action made the past evil events just melt away. I was loved and I was so in love with her for setting aside my faults and loving me so. This is just one of the reasons to love her and daily I am reminded of more. Thank you so much Cherry for trusting in me even when I have failed you. In doing so you have gained my Trust ten fold. I do miss you tonight though... but a time apart only makes the heart grow stronger. I can't wait to see you again tomorrow.

No comments: