Friday, February 6, 2009

Intimate Apparel

So I went to the opening night of Cherry's Play Intimate Apparel, The characters in this play really shown. Their talents clearly visible with their portrayals. Obviously I was focused on my love the lead. Her whimsical and yet reserved nature causing me to smile often and yet hurt even more for her when she is cast aside by the man that should love her more than any. It was a beautiful emotional ride. Highs and lows, happy moments and moments of ghastly loss. You see whom her real friends turn out to be and whom she can truly trust. They have her all bundled up in a pretty large dress for the majority of the play which is all the more amazing when it is shed for a moment to reveal her bodies true beauty hiding secretively beneath. The different levels of her character are shown with how she interacts with each of the characters. With Mr Marks whom is very reserved and religiously not allowed to touch her she feels a forbidden fruit esq bond. And they share similar affinities for fabric, With the upper class white lady played by my friend Ashley Kings she feels almost slavish yet still goes to her for help with the letters. Her land lady and mother figure shines with the voice of reason for the play but how often love can be blinding, and her best friend the harlot that she designs her intimate apparel for truly show how she wouldn't judge a friend no matter what she does for a living. Although thanks to the presence of George the new man in her life her would is thrown Topsy turvy her friends and confidants all seem to fail at the wrong times and she gives up everything for the hope of happiness. The story is wonderfully portrayed and I was so impressed and nearly speechless to see my dear pull it off. She was something to behold. I know this play was very draining on her but in a great way she made it work out and i think lately we have even come closer because of it. To you my love you deserve all the praise I could lavish on you. I'm so proud of you and love you so much.

No comments: