Thursday, February 12, 2009

How we know all of you


How I see you...

Who are you?

You are everyone I have ever met.

I see you for who you chose to show me.

I understand this is the only way to know you at first.

A mask to test the water and see if it's luke warm.

The more I get to know you the deeper my sight becomes.

I see past the careful form fitting face you adopted for this situation.

New facets arise and surface with remarkable clarity.

Sometimes, you aren't someone I want to know; your soul reaks of hate.

Other times you are surprisingly fun. A shining light you only show those closest too you.

You are everything you want me to see.

You dance in a whirlwind of colors and distracting gestures.

You are shy, out going, boisterous, rude, benevolent, cruel, loving, and mysterious.

Until you show me who you really are how can I truly know you.

You show your self unconsciously sometimes; a wince or a nod betray your true feelings.

A smile can say many things you know, and your eyes even more.

You are my friend and foe.

You are my heroe and my villian.

You are everyone I know.

You are everything i know.

I don't know if I would call this a poem, kinda feels like one. I was just thinking about all my friends and people I know and how well I know them. Some could have me easily fooled others I have come to know far to close for them to lie to me. It's strange sometimes to finally break that barrier we all put up, that mask we show the world. The front we allow others to see without letting our true selves out thinking them to frail. The worst is when you finally understand that someone you have known for a decent length of time is a total stranger. I am happy to have been allowed into a trust with Cherry getting to know her more is a new adventure and I relish the experience. She is blossoming before me her many facets only deepening my affections for her. Although sometimes confusing and disorienting I have strived to always see her side of things and understand her better. This is the nature of any relationship. To know someone better; I wonder to all of you out there how well do I really know you. Which of your many masks do you show me or am I so privileged to see the real you. I consider it an honor if that's the face I truly see. It's never easy releasing the control we have to show others the self we want them to see. Sometimes, ultimately necessary though. To all my friends I love you all and thank you so much for allowing me to know you better. To those who flaunt their masks so rigid and formless before me the frosting on a rotting cake, soul filled with disdain and hate. You await the hammer it will crack your visage soon enough and what will you be left with but the now empty shell you hid from the world.

No comments: