Thursday, December 18, 2008

Including my pride

So today I had the most amazing idea. Surely this would work here we had trampled down snow and with the warning of freezing rain tonight I figured that trampled down snow would turn into evil ice. So I grabbed a trash can emptied it out. Filled it up with hot water and dumped it down our steps. Sure enough it got rid of all the snow and ice. Quite proud of myself i went about getting rid of the slush using a snow shovel. a few hours later right before I was heading to work my roommate Nathan came home and I declared with lots of pride how successful my idea was and he simply told me it was wrong and the steps were super icy. Surely not I said and with ever bit of self confidence marched out the door and down 2 steps before the super slick steps lead me to a fall that left me with a really long bruise across my back, back pain and the best case of hurt pride I have had in some time. So to make up for that I told everyone about how I screwed up and made sure Nathan knew he was very right. Yet another lesson in humility. Haven't had one that painful sense the time I got my Van stuck after telling my disbelieve Girlfriend that there was no way it would get stuck. However, it's good to be humbled brings you back down, knocks you off that house. I delight even if sometimes pain filled the times I get knocked down and understand how I normal I am. With a name like Saint Pepsi I guess I fly a little to high sometimes. :D

pepsi

No comments: