Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fire A$$ and smoke




































I never ever in all my life thought I would have to experience what we in the food industry so often jest about. A phenomena called Fire A$$. It happens when you order really really spicy foods and because in haste you don't take the time to properly chew said food. Well it comes out your ... When that happens the same oils and or ingredients that made the food so delightfully spicy to begin with come back to haunt you with a vengeance. Today we had a left over Burro n Fugo. Literal translation it means donkey on fire lol... Basically it's our hottest entree. I took it home not wanting to spend the time I had to cook a new meal and figuring what the heck I don't mind spicy foods. Well this one was pretty spicy I know because I make them spicy and I made this one good, boy was it good too. Later that night around 3 in the morning this entire meal came back to haunt me and I understood quite literally why we mockingly call it Fire A$$. I walked around in haste while cursing for a while and drank more water. Pleading with my maker for the pain to subside. It did in due time but i admit i have learned my lesson. May you all heed my words in this matter do not order this meal unless your colon can handle the serious repercussions. ;)



































In other thoughts I figured I would throw in my two bits about smoking seeing as our town has just banned it basically. Personally I don't care if they ban it in public places... while I think bars should be allowed but that's a different matter. Seriously have you ever been to a non-smoking bar. it smells like sweaty people and puke. That's besides the point though I was thinking to myself of the evils of smoking. Obviously it causes cancer, which leads to death if you smoke a lot. Were talking enough to really screw you up... The amount most people smoke at parties while drinking except all the time. It makes your breath smell bad, your teeth yellow, and in general makes you clothes smell too. But how often do you hear about the good it does. Smoke wards off bugs so it's a natural pest deterrent, It causes people to go outside and in a culture so centered around screens this is a little blessing in it's self. It creates social atmosphere where people actually converse at a level above rhetorical. It encourages generosity. I have never met a smoker who would not lend you a smoke so long as it was not their last one. The reasons I have just listed are the reasons people smoke not because it looks cool. It's because its one of the few times where people get to truly sit and throw aside all their differences and come together based on a single bad habit. It's bringing us together in ways that awkward social gatherings could rarely achieve. Just some thoughts on smoking I know many would disagree. But i don't smoke a whole lot either so maybe I smoke knowing full well that its adverse to my health like you know everything is so says science journals. I smoke or I don't smoke either way I enjoy the good it's cultivated in me.

pepsi