Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thanksgiving ALREADY!?!


So I got to go home and enjoy what one might consider to be an early Thanksgiving. Ms. Goodwin was to accompany me but sadly was tied up with Guys n Dolls a musical I still have yet to see go figure. Anyway, haven't heard from her really in a long while going to go ahead and assume things won't be working out on that front. I have secured the allegiance of my dear friend Jen to find me the perfect girl whom she says she has located in Lawrence. I guess I'll have to see. I no longer do the whole attempting to disguise myself as whom I think people want me to be so as to be better available for a larger girl populace. Probably would have helped me out tonight when i met the lead from guys n dolls and in a bit of a drunken loudness promptly yelled something at her that could have easily been said quietly lol. Oh well another sound first impression made. Sink beer has become a wonderful Monday night extrusion for me though. Good drinks good friends. I even don't have to feel bad about all those crabs because Cherry and I are doing DDR prior to it.

Well back to this weekend my brothers the twins were in a play called My son the Rock. Kinda felt like a Grimm fairy tale about this king and queen whom are basically very un-impressed with their son and piss off a witch who through a matter of coincidence convinces them that she has turned their son into a rock. My brothers were very good in it along with a few of their friends but it was still a high school play and sadly I have seen both Broadway and very well done college productions. I guess I have been spoiled. I really can't wait to see my brothers in college plays because they have a great energy.

I actually didn't get into political arguments with my family. That's always good we have different view points on the world possibly screwed by news. But what can you do. I did get to see my cousin Jess and Michelle both of which i haven't seen in quite a while. And My mother whom I largely thank just for the chance to watch her watch spots once again made watching sports quite amusing. As she jumped and hollered and screamed KU to victory in basketball and sadly not quite as effectively in football. But mainly I was just really glad to get to hang out with my family and have really goo food. Even better than that sense it wasn't a huge turn out I didn't over eat so no feelings of thanksgiving gluttony guilt. All good here.

Lastly I want to point out a new book I read over this short break by Neil Gaiman Called The Graveyard Book. The Graveyard book click on this title for a summary. Is Neil Gaiman at his absolute best It's written in much the same fashion as the jungle book except instead of a jungle charged with raising a young boy. it's the souls of a graveyard. Each new chapter in a new and fascinating adventure through the eyes of a boy raised by ghosts. If you read one book this yr make sure it is this one.

Well that's all for me Have very pleasant Thanksgiving all.

Jordan

No comments: